Great Grandma Doris' Chicken and Broccoli Casserole

When I was in high school, close to leaving for college, my mom walked into my room and handed me a few things that she had from my dad's side of the family. My grandfather's senior photo and a handwritten recipe for chicken and broccoli casserole that belonged to my great grandmother. She told me that this recipe was one of my dad's favorites, and as soon as I told him that I had it, he was so excited. This year for father's day, I was so happy because I finally got to make it for him! I made a couple of changes to the recipe, but to no great surprise, it was enjoyed by everyone! 



Author: Sarah Davis

Prep Time: 15-20 minutes

Cook Time: 50-60 minutes

Servings: 4

Keywords: Chicken and Broccoli, Casserole, Dinner

Ingredients:

  • 2 cans cream of chicken soup
  • 2-4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (cut into 1 inch strips or chunks, whatever you prefer)
  • 1 bag frozen chopped broccoli
  • 1 bag frozen broccoli florets
  • 1/8 cup of mayo
  • 1 tsp garlic powder
  • 1/4 tsp onion powder
  • A few dashes of your favorite hot sauce, mine is Texas Pete.
  • Salt & Pepper to taste
  • Paprika & fresh chopped Italian parsley for sprinkling on top
  • Your favorite rice cooked according to package instructions

Instructions:

1. Preheat your oven to 375 F.

2. Cook your broccoli according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.

3. Mix the two cans of soup, mayo (trust me), garlic powder, onion powder, a few dashes of hot sauce, and some salt and pepper together in a bowl until well combined.

4. Pour broccoli into the bottom of a lightly greased baking dish. Place chicken on top of broccoli. Pour the soup mixture over top of the chicken and spread until even.

5. Sprinkle the top with paprika and bake for 50-60 minutes.

6. Cook your rice according to package directions.

7. After your dish comes out of the oven, sprinkle the top with fresh chopped Italian parsley. Serve over rice.


                                          

Notes:

1. After you place your chicken on top of the broccoli, feel free to sprinkle with some extra seasonings.

Comments

Popular Posts