My Favorite Green Smoothie Recipe

If you follow my food page on Instagram, you've probably noticed that I've really been enjoying green smoothies lately. I stopped drinking them for a couple of months (not really sure why, lol) but now I'm back into them and completely obsessed. So a few years ago, I tried the Green Island Detox smoothie from Tropical Smoothie and I LOVED it! However, going to Tropical Smoothie once a day to get this delicious creation was not in my cards, so you know I learned to make it at home! If you're afraid of green smoothies, don't be. I promise that you can't taste the spinach, legit, all you taste is whatever fruit you put in it. This smoothie is being tagged as a breakfast option, but it is really great as a snack any time of day! If you're making any of these recipes, be sure to tag me in your photos! (Instagram- @lifewithsarahdavis Facebook-@SarahElizabeth)

Author: Sarah Davis

Total Time: 3 Minutes

Servings: 1

Keywords: Smoothie, Green Smoothie, Healthy, Breakfast, Snack

Ingredients:

  • 1 handful fresh kale
  • 2 handfuls fresh spinach
  • 1.5 ounces (a shot glass) coconut water
  • 1.5 ounces orange juice
  • 1 handful frozen pineapple
  • 1 handful frozen mango
  • 1/2 banana
  • 1/8-1/4 teaspoon fresh minced ginger *see notes*

Place all ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth. 


Notes:

1.Powdered ginger would work well, too! If you don't like ginger, feel free to omit.

2. If you use fresh pineapple or mango, be sure to add a bit of ice. Unless you like warm smoothies.

3. If your smoothie is too thick, add more orange juice and/or coconut water

Comments

Popular Posts